Mmm, Saint Tropez, Saint Tropez… Every time summer is approaching, I feel like going to the South of France. And although I go to Monaco at least 2 times per year lately, I have never been to St Tropez yet. Can you imagine?! Well, honestly, my French friends scared me about the disastrous traffic jams there, so unless you go there by yacht or helicopter it really takes forever to get there. And usually I don’t have so much time. But anyway I heard all about the fancy parties and beach clubs of St Tropez and I am definitely going there one day. Maybe even this summer, who knows. So, when Chris from Relevance. sent me an article about the best beach clubs in St Tropez, I was really happy to publish it here on RichClubGirl. Hope you will like it too, girls. And if there is anything else you want to add to this list, feel free to leave your suggestions and share your experience in the comments below. You know I am always happy to hear from you. Hugs
5 Best Beach Clubs in Saint Tropez:
After one of the wettest winters on records, we are happy to report that summer is nearly here! The sun is out, the sea is warming up – and it’s surely time to book that helicopter from Nice to St Tropez to enjoy one of the world’s most beautiful beaches?
Saint Tropez boasts the sensational Pampelonne beach, more than 5km of pristine white sand which is more akin to the Caribbean than the South of France. The cream of Hollywood will spend there summer vacations flying in from all over the world to enjoy the clear waters and miles of sandy beaches that have made Saint Tropez one of the world’s top holiday destinations.
Pampelonne boasts arguably some of the coolest and most sophisticated private beach clubs on the planet which are definitely worth a visit.
But which one of the 25-plus beach clubs should you choose? Below is a list of some of our favorites that we have pulled together for your perusal before you arrive:
The “Crème de la Crème” of Saint Tropez
1. Nikki Beach No list of the best beach clubs in Saint Tropez would be complete without Nikki Beach, where guests lounge on white luxurious sun beds and sip champagne while listening to some great tunes. Much more than just a beach bar, the environment mixes music, dining with fashion and even has its own music label and clothing line. Open from May to Septemeber we highly recommend experiencing the buzz of Nikki beach Pampelonne, +33 4 94 79 82 04.
2. Club 55 is probably the most famous of all the beach clubs on Pampelonne and will no doubt be the chosen lunch haunt of many of Hollywood’s great and good when they come from Cannes to Saint Tropez this month during the Cannes Film Festival. Pronounced using the French translation ‘cinquante-cinq, this ultra-cool restaurant had simple beginnings: the then wooden shack used to serve as a canteen for the film crew of the 1956 movie And God Created Woman, starring Brigitte Bardot, and the rest, they say is history, +33 4 94 55 55 55.
3. Tahiti Beach is the oldest beach club on the stretch of sand and was established in 1946. But it is anything but dated and extremely popular, especially with locals living all year around in Saint Tropez. Not only does it boast one of the best beach front locations in the Riviera but it also is a hotel, with spotless rooms overlooking the clear waters of the Mediterranean. Guests can enjoy the tennis courts, a gym and easy access to the discovery trails connecting the creeks and beaches +33 4 94 97 18 02.
4. Les Jumeaux is a great beach club for families as there is a playground on the sand to keep the little ones occupied. The club is over 25 years old and is one of the few in the area to be open all year round. Excellent food can be found at Les Jumeauz, expect Mediterranean cuisine of salads and daily specials including mussels, tartars and many other local delicacies. + 33 6 08 07 86 38.
5. Moorea is a great place to come for some good tunes, good food and a great afternoon. Often seen as a little bit more down to earth as some of the other beach clubs, it’s a great place to relax. Rod Stewart, Hugh Grant and Joan Collins are often spotted at Moorea. Head here after your helicopter transfer from Cannes to Saint Tropez and you will be assured a memorable day, +33 4 94 97 81 58.
Pampelonne has perhaps become one of the most exclusive gathering spots of the world’s powerful, rich and beautiful, so for anyone visiting Saint Tropez, this 3 mile stretch of coastline should be high on your agenda during your visit.