Girls with some cash in their coffers can afford the best of everything. They buy their bags from Louis Vuitton, and Jimmy Choo is the source of their shoes. Their makeup and perfume is courtesy of Chanel, while clothing comes from Paris, Milan, and the finest fashion houses the world has to offer. Celebrity stylists cut and color their hair, select their ensembles, and ensure that they always look flawless. And they spend their weekends in the Hamptons or whatever exclusive corner of the globe suits their fancy (when they aren’t staying at one of their many homes, the Four Seasons provides sufficient lodgings).
So of course they spare no expense when it comes to the vehicles they choose to tool around town in. Here are just a few cars that the rich girl on the go is sure to love.
1. Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG. Every girl can get behind a gorgeous MB (or at least, behind the wheel). The 6.3-liter V8 engine puts out an impressive 518 horsepower, which will have you passing lesser cars with aplomb. And the seven-speed automatic offers you four different shifting programs to suit your every mood; you can select comfort, sport, sport plus, and manual mode. Plus, you simply can’t beat the curvy, road-hugging body of this stylish and easy-to-drive car. Prices start around $200,000, making it eminently affordable for the rich girls out there.
2. Audi R8 Spyder. This could be German engineering and styling at its finest. At first glance, this car looks fierce, with a tapered front end, side scoops, and a feline countenance that speak to nothing so much as a need for speed. It certainly doesn’t hurt that the impressive 8,000 rpms produced by the 5.2-liter V10 can offer525 hp. The reduced weight and increased power will get you from 0-60 mph in just four seconds (and all for around $160,000 – mere pocket change). Going, going, gone.
3. Lexus LFA. Some girls love to flash jewels while others prefer to show off a lean, mean, speed machine. Here’s one for the tuner girls, and it looks like it came straight out of The Fast and the Furious (if they’d had a budget that would allow for a $375,000 car). The surprisingly small 4.8-liter V10 ponies up a whopping 552 hp, so when you hit the accelerator, this baby will hum. With a 0-60 of 3.6 seconds, it’s a hair short of taking the lead on this list, but think about the after-market possibilities!
4. Aston Martin DBS Volante. If it’s good enough for the most stylish agent in Her Majesty’s secret service (that would be 007 – Bond, James Bond) then the Brit brand that has been wowing movie-goers for half a century is certainly a candidate for the rich girl’s affections. This gorgeous piece of polished metal can roar with 510 hp (provided by a 5.9-liter V12), which will really put some wind in your hair with the convertible top down. And with a base price of just over $280,000, you’ll certainly want to get your money’s worth out of the engine. Of course, if looks could kill, this AM car would be on the hook for manslaughter – it’s so hot that you’d almost expect a trail of flame to appear in its wake.
5. Porsche 911 Turbo. At a starting price of $123,000, this is the least expensive car on the list, but the rich girls out there won’t find anything lacking in this tight little dream car (except maybe some weight). The pared down 3.6-liter flat six doesn’t sound impressive when compared to some of the others, but the twin-turbo two-seater pumps out 480 hp and takes you from 0 to 60 in 3.4 seconds, putting it at the top of the list for speed (and the handling is nothing to sniff at, either).
Sarah Danielson writes for Boston Garage Equipment where you can find a Boston socket tester and a comprehensive range of garage equipment that is manufactured to exact standards.
Subscribe to Rich Girl’s Club via email or RSS to get more great posts like this one.
Become Rich Girls Club Fan on Facebook! :)